Gallery

Friday, October 9, 2009

Artists I Love: Gary Pullin

'Ghoulish' Gary Pullin's Art Show poster

Some of you may already be familiar with 'Ghoulish' Gary Pullin's handy work if you are a reader of 'Rue Morgue' magazine. He is the publications incredible artist/art director. Talk about a dream job!! If you've never read or looked at an issue of 'Rue Morgue', I recommend picking on up just for the beautiful layout & design the magazine has. The Halloween issue (on stands now) is usually the best issue of the year. I admit that I have not yet picked one up yet (for shame), but will very soon. Gary is a great artist & his design style is a real inspiration. Below are two author portrait by Pullin, Edgar Allen Poe & HP Lovecraft. I decided to showcase these two pieces, because I have a Poe & Lovecraft that will make an appearance sometime later in the month.




Rue Morgue has a Halloween party/event every year and here are two posters Pullin designed for that event. One from 2008 & the other for this year. I wish I could go one year, I bet it's amazing.


To see more work from Gary, go to his website here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link. I have seen his work but not the Poe and Lovecraft ones. Fantastic.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete