Gallery

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's almost here...



I have been super busy this past week. My current new job is particularly demanding, so this past week I've done nothing but sleep, work, sleep. Some times eat. Maybe. So now I have a few days off to recover & enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday. I'll be getting up in the morning to watch the Macy's Parade and have some cinnamon rolls. Then I plan on spending a good portion of the day watching Mystery Science Theater 3000. Some of you might remember many years ago, Comedy Central would have the MST3K Turkey Day Marathon. Ah, those were the days. They would start Wed. night and run them for about 24 hrs. I would stay up as late as I could on Wed., then take a nap so I could get up and watch more. Well, this year, I'm going to watch some of my DVDs, back to back. I have two of the box sets, and last year I discovered a place online that carries all the rest of the episodes that are not available in official release. For $6 each, you get a plain white disc with only a show number written on it. The quality is about as good as a VHS tape, but I don't really care about that. I just wanted to watch some of my favorites again. If you're interested in picking up some MST3K episodes, here's where I got mine Cheepins.com

I'm excited because I just ordered a few that I don't really remember seeing before, and I've been saving them for tomorrow. I was going to order the movie 'Santa Claus', a Mexican Children's film from the late 50's where Santa battles Satan (or Pitch, rather). However, it has been taken off the Cheepins list, as it is going to be released in a box set, due out at the beginning of December. I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. the cleverest thing i can think of to say for now is- you sure draw good!...

    thanx for the head's-up concerning the new MST3K release, too.

    ReplyDelete