Gallery

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gallery 1988's 'Is This Thing On 2: The Weird Year' & Me!

Impolite and...


So last week I mentioned that I was going to have a piece in the upcoming group show 'Is This Thing On 2' at Gallery 1988. I decided to do Sir Simon Milligan & Manservant Hecubus from the sketch comedy show 'The Kids in the Hall'. Its funny, because I had thought about drawing these characters awhile back and then kind of forgot about it. This show presented me with the perfect opportunity to go forward with the piece. I did spend some time rewatching a bunch of 'Kids' episodes that I hadn't seen in many years. It gave me lots of other ideas of characters I could have done for this show, but I ran out of time.

So here is a pic of print #1, in it's frame before I shipped it off to California:



The show opens tomorrow (3.9.12), and will be hosted by Weird Al! I wish that I could attend, but I'm a long ways away from L.A. My art will be there though, and that is super exciting for me. Ever since G1988 began doing 'Crazy 4 Cult', I've dreamed of being a part of one of these shows and now it's finally happening.


And I leave you with the first appearance of Sir Simon Milligan & Manservant Hecubus:


Do not avoid the puppies of purgatory....

3 comments: