Gallery

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Small updates, more to come

Wow! For those of you who use blogger, you must know they've changed the set up. I'm so confused!

Just a few things I wanted to mention. I have prints for sale through the awesome gallery ZaPow! Here is link to the prints that are available. I still have my prints for sale page active, where you can buy them directly from me, but I may disable it soon and just work through the gallery site. I will have work at the gallery through June, and depending on how well I do there will determine whether or not I'm going to keep my wall space. As long as I sell enough prints to cover my space rental each month, I'll continue to use it. If not, I'll probably have to withdraw. I would like to stay through October, as I have plans to make prints & cards with my Halloween art. But if I can't cover my rent there with sales, keeping the space is not an affordable option. Sales have been pretty good so far, so we shall see.

In other ZaPow! news, they will have a group show opening on Friday, May 4. The show is 'May the Fourth Be With You', a Star Wars tribute show. I am working on something new for this show, and hopefully will have it done in time. I've been crazy busy with work and deadlines, so I can't promise I'll be a part of it. However, I do have something in the works, and it will be available as a very limited edition print. I won't say what I'm doing yet, but it's a single character, one that appears breifly in 'Return of the Jedi'. I will post it here with links to the gallery, and I'll try to post it the day before the show.

Also, my Vertigo prints are for sale through the Gallery 1988 website. Go check out some of the amazing pieces created for this show. I was kind of amazed at how many 'Birds' pieces there were. Seemed like a lot.

For those of you making the journey to Wonderfest this year, I will be there with prints for my THIRD year! I'll have some new prints and some old favorites. My name isn't listed on the site yet, but I will be in dealer room B again. Wonderfest is in Louisville, KY, May 26-27.

And last of all, I did something wild & crazy. I entered a contest on DeviantArt. Wow! As I've mentioned before, I love DA, it's my favorite time waster. I usually ignore the contests and stuff they've got going on BUT they are having a Dark Shadows contest called 'The Barnabas Portrait Project'. The contest is basically to draw Johnny Depp as Barnabas Collins. And hey, what do you know, I just did that last month. So I added a few little things to my 'Can You Dig It, Man' piece, slapped it on an official contest  template and submitted it. I don't imagine that I'll win, but since I have a stake in it now, I am interested to see what pieces do win. I've actually been picking out my own personal favorites as it's been going along. Might dedicate a post to it once the contest is over, which is next Tuesday.

Until next time, I'm off to do some more work!

2 comments:

  1. You're on the WonderFest website NOW! We look forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I will get an update posted soon about that!

    ReplyDelete