Gallery

Friday, March 8, 2013

Phibes & Vulnavia


After at least two to three years of plotting & planning, I FINALLY did a finished Dr. Phibes piece. I had the idea sketched out for awhile but hadn't done anything with it. A year or two went by. Last year Little Shoppe of Horrors was putting together a Phibes isssue, and I thought that I would take that opportunity to do a finished piece. However, due to space limitations in the magazine, I decided to drop out of that issue. It's probably for the best, because I don't think it would have turned out as well as this one did. I was having some problems trying to figure out how to make certain elements work, and it just recently fell into place for me.
I'm also in a mad scramble, as I have soooo much I need to do, and it seems like it's all jammed into the next three months. More new art to come!

3 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful piece and I really like the inclusion of the neon framing which echoes both the poster and the soundtrack album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I was real happy with the turn out on this one.

    ReplyDelete